Health and fitness are a cumulative effect of diet, physical activity, and nutrition. The global COVID-19 pandemic has put a spanner in the works and has thrown the normal life out the window. In this scenario, it is vital to take care of the overall health of a person, which includes both the body and the mind. Physical health is all about reducing the chances of infection through increased immunity; however, when it comes to mental health, it is all about reducing the anxiety, stress and other debilitating conditions that might affect the mental faculties. So, the stress is clearly fitness on the general wellbeing to counteract the effects of the global pandemic.
The following post is a comprehensive list of guides, according to Robert Trosten, that will enable you to keep up your physical activity and mental wellness even during the lockdown and the COVID-19 crisis.
Let us have a look.
Staying physically active according to Robert Trosten
Regular physical activity aids in building strength and enables the practitioner better to understand the limits of his/her body. Here are some key areas that you need to focus on.
- Building the core strength of the body as these muscles aid the body movements.
- Improvement fitness of the aerobic tolerance levels to keep the heart and the lung healthy.
- Improving the flexibility and the mobility of the joints and also muscles for enhanced balance and coordination.
Exercises that will help you
Once you have a purpose and the goal to fulfill, you will find enough motivation to start your fitness training program. Here are some directions that you should try to move into with your exercises and plans to aid the development of the aspects mentioned in the previous section.
- One-arm plank, push-ups, and also a hollow body hold are the best home exercises to build your core strength.
- Squat jacks and dynamic high knees are incredibly beneficial when you are looking to increase your aerobic and respiratory functions.
- Hip RACs and one-armed quadruped stretch are the perfect home exercises for enhancing flexibility and mobility.
Some do’s and don’ts for exercising
Here are some factors that you need to keep in mind while exercising.
- Avoid wearing shoes and do your sets bare feet. Keep in mind that shoes have soles, and the extra height changed the center of gravity of the body.
- Keep your hips, ankles, and knees at ease, except while going about the sets. This will reduce the chances of injury at the susceptible points of the body.
- If you are missing your weight training regimens, you can get creative with water jugs and grocery bags.
Additionally, you need to keep in mind that breathing right is the key to all exercises, and if you are a beginner, then you need to be cautious with your posture and breathing. Align your body by going slow and working towards small milestones to keep the motivation levels high. Keep fit and keep all the infections and diseases at bay. All the best!